While many attorneys, CPAs, and other licensed professionals were hard at work focusing on their own clients this weekend, there were a few significant national developments affecting the business of law.
- Berkshire Hathaway bought a $10.7 billion, or 5.5%, stake in I.B.M.
- While European banks pull back from making new loans, American banks like JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup are stepping up their lending on the Continent.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers have asked Major League Baseball for permission to sell the bankrupt team’s $3 billion media rights earlier than planned.
- Lawyers for alleged victims of Jerry Sandusky tell The Daily Beast they are exploring civil lawsuits against Penn State seeking damages over administrators’ failure to take action.
- Today, the U.S. Supreme Court is expected to issue orders, including, possibly, one indicating that it will review a challenge (or challenges) to the Affordable Health Care Act. More on the challenges
Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc., is dedicated to not only providing you with the industry’s premier incorporation and business filing services, but with breaking business and legal news.