Are you wondering if you will be able to make the upcoming April 15, 2013 IRS tax filing deadline for you and/or your client? If you are worried, you are not alone. Attorneys Corporation Services, Inc. has brought you several last minute tax filing tips intended to help bring you closer to the finish line in time for the looming IRS tax filing deadline.
1- tips to help taxpayers and tax professionals meet the IRS tax filing deadline for 2013:
1. File electronically – It’s more safe and secure than ever.
2. Check the identification numbers – Missing, incorrect, or illegible Social Security or identity numbers can delay or reduce a tax refund.
3. Double-check your figures – Goes without saying: You don’t want to give up on potential money back because of a slight accounting error!
4. Check the tax tables – Another plus to e-filing: the software will do this for you.
5. Sign your form – Sign, date, and tax professionals: do not forget to include your Preparer Tax Identification Number.
6. Send your return to the right address – The correct mailing address can be found at www.irs.gov. Click the Individuals tab and the “Where to File” link under IRS Resources on the left side.
7. Pay electronically – A safe, convenient, and secure method for paying taxes. Electronic payment options can be found at www.irs.gov.
8. If mailing payment, follow instructions – Make the check payable to the “United States Treasury” and enclose with, but not attach it to, the tax return or the Form 1040-V, Payment Voucher, if used. The check should include the Social Security number of the person listed first on the return, daytime phone number, the tax year and the type of form filed.
9. File or request an extension to file on time – But remember, the IRS does not see an extension of time to file as an extension of time to pay.
10. Visit AttorneysCorpService.com - for more business filing and tax tips.
Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc. provides fast, reliable formation services and quality products. For customized Corporate Kits, LLC Kits, Estate Plan Organizers and Corporate Supplies, your premier source is Attorneys Corporation Service. We also have solutions for tough filing assignments. Call us at 800.462.5487 or check us out online at www.AttorneysCorpService.com.