As our clients (attorneys, CPAs, and licensed professionals) are aware, every corporation and/or LLC needs an Employer Identification Number or EIN (also known as Federal Employer Identification Number or FEIN) when it comes time to file tax returns and/or serve other identification purposes. An EIN is the corporate equivalent of an individual’s Social Security Number and is issued to corporations and businesses who have to pay withholding taxes on employees.

EINs are necessary for many employers, sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, non-profit organizations, trusts and estates, government agencies, certain individuals and other business entities. The IRS uses this number to identify taxpayers that are required to file various business tax returns. Individuals who are employers may choose to either obtain an EIN or use their Social Security Number for the purpose of reporting taxes withheld on behalf of their employees. An EIN is not considered sensitive information and is freely distributed by many businesses by way of publications and the internet.

Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc. can assist you in obtaining an EIN for your client’s business. Simply complete the application and questionnaire and Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc. will prepare the IRS Form SS-4 and obtain the EIN number. Within 24 hours, we will fax or e-mail you a confirmation number. Express service is also available if you require the number within the hour.

Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc. can provide you with many of your incorporation and business filing needs. For more information about business tax numbers contact us.

This entry was posted in Business Filing Services and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply