Hawaii can be a great place to start a new business. If your client wishes to conduct business in the Aloha State through a corporation, it is necessary to file the proper documents to form and register the business.  These documents ask only for the minimum information required by statute (and the statutes are simply written), so you may find Hawaii a relatively straightforward place to start your client’s new business.

First, complete and file the Articles of Incorporation and submit them, or allow Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc. to do so on your behalf. Our draft n’ file service is reliable and budget-friendly. In Hawaii, the Business Registration Branch maintains the business registry for all corporations, limited liability companies, general partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and limited liability limited partnerships conducting business activities in the State. In addition, the registry contains trade names, trademarks, service marks and publicity name rights.

The Hawaii Articles of Incorporation must include:

  • The exact corporate name.  The business cannot share the same name as another business.  The name of the corporation must include the separate word “incorporated,” “corporation,” or “limited,” or an abbreviation of one of those words.  Speak to us about running a business name availability check and reserving the name of your client’s business with the Business Registration Division.
  • Street and mailing address of the principal office (if different from the street). No P.O. Boxes may be used.
  • Information about stock shares. You need to determine the number of shares the corporation is authorized to issue in common stock only.  If your client wishes to issue preferred shares, you must prepare the Articles of Incorporation. Preferred stock has to do with certain stock holders being “preferred” or paid first; if both common and preferred stock exists, common stock holders cannot be paid dividends until all preferred stock dividends are paid in full.
  • Registered Agent’s information.  The name, Hawaii street address, and contact information of the Registered Agent.  The Agent can either be an individual who lives in Hawaii, a domestic entity or a foreign entity authorized to transact business in the State of Hawaii, whose place of business is an address in Hawaii. If an entity, the entity’s address must be available such that service of process and other notices and documents being served on or sent to your business may be delivered. Moreover, if the Agent is an entity, you must list the state or country in which it was incorporated, formed, or organized. Your business cannot be its own agent. Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc. provides RA services in all 50 states for just $99 per year.
  • Incorporator’s information.  The incorporator is the person or persons who form the corporation.  You need to provide their address in the Articles.

For more information on how to incorporate a business in Hawaii, or to begin the incorporation process today, contact the experienced business formation specialists at Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc.

This entry was posted in Business Filing Services, Incorporation Services and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply