Tax season is upon us, which means late hours and extra work for many of our clients. At Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc. we understand that many of our attorney, CPA, and financial professional clients have been practicing for years and understand the Internal Revenue Code inside and out –and our hats are off to you! But for those of us who could use a little refresher now and then, here are a few tips.
10 tax tips, reminders and planning tools for your business
- Remember Roth IRA conversion taxes
- Claim your American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Pay attention to Form 1099-K
- Note health care info on your W-2
- Be prepared for basis reporting
- Accelerate your income — while you still have a lower rate
- Cash in available investment income
- Plan for the added Medicare tax
- Asses your alternative minimum tax
- Gift to charity and your estate
And CPAs and tax attorneys: make sure you have your personal Preparer Tax Identification Number, or PTIN, ready! Over recent years, the IRS has been ramping up its effort to hold tax preparers accountable and weed out unscrupulous tax professionals with increasingly strict rules. In order to file your clients taxes, you must have a current year PTIN. More information on PTINs can be found here.
Attorneys Corporation Service, Inc. has been assisting tax professionals with their business and filing needs for over 35 years. Contact us online at www.AttorneysCorpService.com or reach one of our experienced customer service professionals at 1 800 462 5487.
Follow ACS on Twitter for more helpful tax tips.